Sunday, February 16, 2014

Getting Diagonsed

There are two ways of getting help. Please contact your healthcare provider and see how they do it. Basically in Malaysia there are two ways of getting diagnosed. If you have tons of money - Hey.. we ADHDer are generous right? You can just find a licensed Psychiatrist. Not Psychologist - or counselor or marriage counselor. Sometimes these people are the same people. And just kick the couch image thing. You are not Demented ( sans Dementor),  ADHD is clinical disorder.

So how to get Diagnosed my way ?

First, i emailed Hospittal Putrajaya Head of Psychiatry Department Dr. Azizul. I asked him about ADHD Screening. As i send the email on a saturday, i do not expect any reply until monday - have some empathy you guys. But i have to send on saturday -lest i forget.

On Monday around 8am , i recieved a reply. Wow. It must be his first order of the day.. So basically he told me to get a referral letter first from Klinik Kesihatan. Then only can they set an appointment for diagnosis. So, with joy, i called Pusat Kesihatan Mental Komuniti Putrajaya for referral - At first the nurses there transfer me to Help Desk. The nurses there is helpful, and after brief consultation, they say i can come.Not for referral letter but for diagnosis straightaway! WOW! They say it will take about 45 minutes so if i come around 4 it should still be ok.

So, at 3.45 pm on that day, i manage to get to the clinic. It is situated inside Putrajaya Quarters. So I just went where they said registration and waited for my turn impatiently.

At 4.50 pm,  am the last patient. I casually walked to the Doctor and asked for the diagnosis. The doctor looked at me? You came for diagnosis at 4.50? seriously?

- The nurse tells me to come at 4. But after that i just wait for it la
-Who? Did he tell you his name?
- Its a lady, And its For ADHD
-Ooo. I`m sorry sir. Actually you are at the wrong clinic.
-Whaaaaaattt???
-Its Next door. We only have male attendant here today picking up calls. Its Ok... I`ll transfer you there.

So.. controlling my impulsive anger - Not anybodys fault really, I went Next Door.

-Encik..i thought you wont come. I have been meaning to contact you but you didnt leave any contact number.
-Err.. Akak said its ok to come right....? I waited next door for 1 hour and they ask me to come here..
-Actually the diagnosis that we have is for depression. For ADHD you have to get a doctors referral letter. You can get it at the clinic Next Door..
-Whaaaat? So i have to go back there

So I rushed back next door but as it is already past 5 pm. They are already close. I chatted with the nurse for a while and told me that i can go to Klinik 1 Malaysia to get the letter.


So next day i went to klinik 1 Malaysia. Thank god the registration is fast, and after 15 minutes i managed to meet the doctor.. After some consultation here are the bombshell...

Sorry encik, but i have to tell you something..
Yup, what is it?
Actually i`m Not a Doctor. I`m Just a Medical Attendant. I cant issue you this letter.
Whaaaaaat?
Yup.Only a Few Klinik 1 Malaysia have doctors insode. Most of them is Medical Attendant like me..
Whaaaat?
Errr... you have to go to Klinik Putrajaya to get the paper..


So.... its back to square one..


So Today i`m going to putrajaya (again) to get a letter for me...

See how its goes


No comments:

Post a Comment